Professional Development Opportunities
Initial Teacher Training
Teach East London work closely with University of London, Institute of Education to train the next generation of teachers through a number of routes including School Direct.
We are currently looking for ambitious, reflective trainee teachers who are aspirational for the students they work with and an inspiration to them. They should be creative, imaginative, forward thinking and committed to working collaboratively with others.
Find our training programmes on the UCAS website by entering our name (Teach East London Teaching School Alliance), postcode (E2 0NF) in the training provider search page.
For further information please contact email@example.com
Who are we?
Bonner Primary School works with Morpeth Secondary School as part of a Teaching School Alliance. Jointly we are named Teach East London.
Our strategic partners are:
- Bangabandhu Primary School
- Ben Jonson Primary School
- Chisenhale Primary School
- Clara Grant Primary School
- George Green’s Secondary School
- Globe Primary School
- Hermitage Primary School
- John Scurr Primary School
- Langdon Park Secondary School
- Malmesbury Primary School
- Oaklands Secondary School
- Olga Primary School
- Phoenix Special School
- Rachel Keeling Nursery School
- Redlands Primary School
- Stepney Green Maths, Computing and Science College
Our HEI partner is the Institute of Education, University of London (IoE).
The following section from our statement of application for Teaching School status summarises our rationale for wishing to form this alliance:
An alliance led by Bonner and Morpeth Schools is an opportunity to maintain and increase the recruitment of high quality teaching and support staff to support the needs of children and schools in Tower Hamlets. We will fully exploit our unique context to provide experience across a wide range of settings within very close geographical proximity: with our strategic partners we will offer experiences from nursery to post 16, in both mixed and single sex institutions including a special school.
The proposed alliance schools share a cross phase focus on literacy development beyond 1:1 interventions e.g. a specialist language unit in Globe Primary and a dedicated Speech and Language Team in Morpeth. Literacy is a national priority, but the specific needs in Tower Hamlets will remain in a society facing an increase in child poverty and deprivation. In this respect our broad experience of supporting pupils with special educational needs will be essential in supporting trainees’ experience of planning and delivering lessons to support an extensive range of need. Also Morpeth and the secondary schools offer a broad range of specialisms; performing and visual arts, languages, maths and business studies.
Working with the IoE we are leading the development of a cluster approach towards the deployment of ITT students that will directly influence our teaching school work. We will offer joint Professional Studies to specifically meet local needs and we have the resources to facilitate this. Bonner and Morpeth Schools have dedicated training suites.
As ‘outstanding’ schools Bonner, Morpeth and our nursery, secondary and special school strategic partners have highly effective senior and middle leaders with experience of planning, co-ordinating and delivering ITT.
Bonner has already built capacity, through the revised management structure for the further development of ITT and other internal and outreach CPD.
- Teaching School Developments
- Teaching School developments so far include:
- the formation of a cluster group of schools within the Alliance, working within an enhanced relationship with the IoE, regarding Initial Teacher Education
- working with a ‘Researcher-in-Residence’, in liaison with the IoE
- a successful bid for a Teaching School ‘Research & Development Grant’
- the instigation of a bespoke ‘Mentor Training’ course, facilitated by our key IoE link colleague
- becoming a Schools Direct Training Provider